VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:20 PM

Performer field has Solar Fields in there so I was wondering what exactly is his contribution on this CD? I know he was not involved in composition of original version of Still Alive, but did the remix of it known as Still Alive Solar Fields Remix -or- Introduction from Mirror's Edge Original Videogame Score. But that's not the version present on this album. This one is radio edit.

Also the title has "(German Version)" in it which is informative but the album's cover doesn't actually say it anywhere, so maybe it's better to keep this info in the notes?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:25 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I don't remember why i added Solar Fields to this particular release.
After checking the credits/tracklist again, it could have been an error and i am agree to remove it from the credits.

About the title and the (German Version)...
It's because there's a lot of singles with the same name (check here)
That's to avoid users to look through all of them to find the one they own.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:54 AM

Ok. Yeah it doesn't look like Solar Field's work is present in any form on this CD.

And yes, the country specification is meant to be helpful, but it's really not because the CD/case don't specify it, it only says Made in EU, so the owner wouldn't know what country exactly.
It might be easier to just look at the disc itself, since they all have a different artwork design, and compare the scans. That's how I did it.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:02 AM

Right after adding PS3 and PC to consoles represented, I noticed that pretty much all of those Still Alive singles currently have only Xbox360 selected.
Since remixes are not platform based, the same edit should apply to those albums.