VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 9, 2011, 06:05 AM

Okay, a while back, I asked about merging CDs like this with the entry of what they are enclosed with when they are considered different. I asked about merging RIDGE RACER 6 direct audio ~extra disc~, but the answer I was given was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
We've been keeping separate entries in cases such as this where one or more of the discs weren't always included - as opposed to the Sword of Mana case where the bonus disc was always included.
Well, I agree that. But, I think that this is never sold outside of Hanjuku Hero vs. 3D soundtrack. The notes say this, and also, it seems like it from the shops I see online (what I mean is it was never produced to be sold without Hanjuku Hero vs. 3D, of course). So, maybe we should merge this with Hanjuku Hero VS 3D Original Soundtrack, unless someone knows of a case where it was sold separately.
Old May 9, 2011, 06:13 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, it really depends on the details. Was this CD inside the SSCX-10095~6 case (like a limited-edition counterpart, or was it separate?
Old May 9, 2011, 08:17 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Well, it really depends on the details. Was this CD inside the SSCX-10095~6 case (like a limited-edition counterpart, or was it separate?
It was packaged in the SSCX-10095~6 box, along with the VS 3D soundtrack and a poster, so it's not a separate item. I probably added a separate entry for display and search purposes, as it's the soundtrack for a whole different game, so it's existence could be easily overlooked otherwise.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 02:29 PM

still not merged with SSCX-10095/6

in case you never noticed the sony manufacturing catalog is TGCS-1752/4 on the VS 3D obi (meaning it must be merged)
TGCS-1752 = SSCX-10095
TGCS-1753 = SSCX-10096
TGCS-1754 = TIN-50

Last edited by Phonograph; May 14, 2023 at 10:24 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:05 AM
Banned

No, it should be a separate album since it's actually a completely different soundtrack for a completely different game.

The fact they came bundled together doesn't change anything.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:15 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Actually we do merge discs in the same package, even with different products, I guess no one got around doing it until now.

I'd also say the issue seanne mentioned is covered since we have a product for both games now