VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:58 AM

Whoops, just noticed the edit history after making an edit, sorry. I don't understand why this wouldn't be considered a partial drama classification, though?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 02:42 AM
VGMdb Staff

I don't think it makes sense to use it in cases where the dialog or narration is taken directly from the game, like here.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 03:25 AM

why some tracks only got subtitles?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 05:15 AM
VGMdb Staff

It's somewhat a matter of interpretation, but I see those Japanese titles as being descriptions (stating when in the game the given piece is played, or what is happening when it's played), and the English titles as being the real track names. This is supported by other Snatcher albums as well (e.g., they use BIO HAZARD instead of 大惨事 魔王ルシファーの降臨).
Old Oct 24, 2013, 05:38 AM

matter of interpretation? there is no matter of interpretation
tracknames are in bold characters, the rest is subtracknames and this is supported by shop sites which have the tracklist
those subtracknames are probably like those tracklists with a lot of M# following tracknames in order to specify "musical movements" in the bgm (I find it quite annoying in osts tbh)
Old May 30, 2016, 05:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

No one has ever found out which specific people were the composers of Snatcher?
Old May 30, 2016, 05:24 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liontamer View Post
No one has ever found out which specific people were the composers of Snatcher?
If "Sound Design" = "Sound Composition", these end credits of the Sega CD version give us a pretty good hint (and the names match up with the style of music heard, IMO)

https://youtu.be/1P4PAIucPM4

Keizou Nakamura
Masanori Adachi
Kazuhito Imai
Masanori Ouchi
Akira Yamaoka <--- (goddamn right!)

Motoaki Furukawa is mentioned in the "Special Thanks" section of the credits. Probably for sweet sweet guitar performance.

That said, if you're looking for the composers of the original PC-88 OST ... well, that might be a smaller list, or alternate list, of composers. I'm not quite sure, and I used to own all these albums (and did write-ups for them too!). So ... yeah. Anyone happen to know a staff roll for the PC-88 original Japanese Snatcher? If it differs from Sega-CD?

Last edited by Ramza; May 30, 2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old May 30, 2016, 07:05 PM
VGMdb Administrator

See this thread for PC-88 Snatcher music credits: https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2123
Old Sep 3, 2016, 08:20 PM

I think the "yellow spinecard" is just a discoloured "orange spinecard", but I'd like your opinion.

- The centre of the yellow spinecard is heavily discoloured, but the left and right parts have a very even yellow colouring, I almost want to believe it's not discoloured.

- The blue colour hasn't discoloured in the centre, and looks mostly the same everywhere on the yellow spinecard. This leads me to believe the orange has suffered a lot, while other colours haven't (dark colours usually resist natural/artificial lighting better, don't they?).

- If the yellow one was an alternate spinecard, the screenshot with the skull would look the same, yet it is slightly discoloured. Ah, here goes my hope out of the window.

Last edited by LuxKiller65; Jul 10, 2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
I think the "yellow spinecard" is just a discoloured "orange spinecard", but I'd like your opinion.

- The centre of the yellow spinecard is heavily discoloured, but the left and right parts have a very even yellow colouring, I almost want to believe it's not discoloured.

- The blue colour hasn't discoloured in the centre, and looks mostly the same everywhere on the yellow spinecard. This leads me to believe the orange has suffered a lot, while other colours haven't (dark colours usually resist natural/artificial lighting better, don't they?).

- If the yellow one was an alternate spinecard, the screenshot with the skull would look the same, yet it is slightly discoloured. Ah, here goes my hope out of the window.
I agree that the yellow is probably a discolored orange.

Here is another point in support of that. On the spine of the orange, notice that the background color behind the price is a lighter shade of orange than the rest of the obi, and is the same color as the stripe along the top. On the yellow obi, the background color behind the price is the same color as the rest of the spine. So we know that when the two different shades of orange fade, they fade to the same color - because that's what happened on the obviously faded spine of the yellow obi.

Now, on the yellow obi, note that the stripe along the top is "missing" on the front and back of the obi. Most likely the stripe isn't actually missing, it just faded to the same color as the rest of the obi.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 07:11 AM

Yeah thanks, it's a discoloured orange, no doubts now. I just really wanted this to be an alternate obi or a first print thing. :-O