VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:58 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Default Who Composed Formula Nippon '99?

Formula Nippon '99 is a racing game developed by TYO and released for the PlayStation about a decade ago. It has interesting music, but no official album release. Thus, it's a little hard to know who composed the music. The game features ending credits, yet they are all written in Japanese and I can't read them. I've uploaded a video of the credits here:

http://www.vgmrush.com/host/fn99.wmv

If anyone can help me identify the composer(s)/performer(s), I'd be very grateful. Many thanks in advance!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:18 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Only sound-related role I could see in those credits was this one, for "sound creator":

I'm not 100% sure what the third character in the name is, but I think the name is 匹田健二, a.k.a. Kenji Hikita.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:38 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Wow, I'm fascinated by how fast and precise your reply has been, CHz! The kanjis indeed appear to coincide, plus two albums listed under Kenji Hikita feature the TYO logo. This type of credits might not be 100% conclusive, but it's quite likely that at least Hikita was involved music-wise. Huge thanks, I appreciate it!
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:19 AM
VGMdb Advisor

After listening to some World Super Police samples (thanks SS!), the style of music is akin to Formula Nippon '99; intense, bright electric guitar rock. I'm now even more convinced that Kenji Hikita is behind the latter. I don't know if he also performed on the guitar, but if so, he's quite a good player!