VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 17, 2020, 08:55 AM

Is there an explanation anywhere for why two tracks have "replica" awkwardly inserted into their names? I ran the egg-music page's text through a translator and it warns ""OPENING [CD version]" has a little sound at the end of the song, just like during the game. Please understand." but otherwise seems to fully stand behind the product.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnobium View Post
Is there an explanation anywhere for why two tracks have "replica" awkwardly inserted into their names? I ran the egg-music page's text through a translator and it warns ""OPENING [CD version]" has a little sound at the end of the song, just like during the game. Please understand." but otherwise seems to fully stand behind the product.
The original Japanese Mega CD version of the game has sound effects mixed in with the music for some tracks, and "MISSION 2" and "MISSION 4" have it the worst. The two [BONUS TRACK]s at the end of the playlist are those original Mega CD mixes.

These tracks were cleaned up for the revised North American Sega CD version, and some of the MIDI synths in this version are noticeably re-balanced from the original Japanese release. These are the "replica" tracks, and it's probably the best word to use as they're not quite remixes. Plus, using the typical phrase "overseas version" would muddle the fact that the EGG page info describes the FM Sol-Deace tracks as originating overseas.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 05:51 AM

it's sad because every single time i read this game's title i want to say feaces