VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 2, 2008, 04:08 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The track "A Quiet Purity" on Disc 2 is the same as the track "Snow Field" from the Mona-Kun Treasure CD-ROM (Falcom 1998.)
Old Feb 3, 2009, 02:01 PM

Just to confirm, this soundtrack is different from the [first] Vantage Master soundtrack, right?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 09:03 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
The PC version lists Atsushi Shirakawa, Masaru Nakajima, Satoshi Arai, Hayato Sonoda and Kaname Ohara as the composers, while the PSP version only lists Sonoda and Unisuga (even though it contains the exact same music). Only the arrangements from disc 1 - which were handled by Yukihiro Jindo - are different.
I went with the union of the two sets for now. Also, the credit on the cover includes the "Falcom", so I put it back in.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 08:49 PM

Is the soundtrack contained inside any sealed copy of the game, or packaged separately with it?

I think this soundtrack is an arranged version of the original.

Last edited by Spirit_Chaser; Nov 10, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:59 AM

Hmm... I almost forgot about this album. Really cool soundtrack by the way.

Looking up to the Twinkling Stars~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I went with the union of the two sets for now.
I honestly have no idea of how much involvement Sonoda and Unisuga had with the rearranged PSP soundtrack - maybe they just provided "Pre-Arrange" versions or something? Either way, Unisuga should be removed from the composer field, since no new music was composed for VMPortable.

I also think "Atsushi Shirakawa, Masaru Nakajima, Satoshi Arai, Hayato Sonoda, Kaname Ohara" (i.e. the original composers of Vantage Master's music) should probably be added as featured composers (i.e. with the spiffy blue text and all), since they didn't take any part in this game - Jindo just rearranged their work. I'll let someone with better editing practice do that if they'd like, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Also, the credit on the cover includes the "Falcom", so I put it back in.
Hmm... well, "Falcom Sound Team jdk" and "Sound Team jdk" are the exact same thing, so fine by me. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Chaser View Post
Is the soundtrack contained inside any sealed copy of the game, or packaged separately with it?
Neither VMPortable nor Brandish PSP's soundtracks are available to purchase on Falcom's website, so yes - both soundtracks are promotional stuff that originally came with their respective games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Chaser View Post
I think this soundtrack is an arranged version of the original.
While this is true for Disc 1, Disc 2 is pretty much a reprint of this.

Notice the "ポータブル" (Portable) at Disc 1.

Last edited by 《J》; Nov 11, 2014 at 12:14 PM.