VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 12, 2023, 05:25 PM

I put the kanji of Hiroaki's name into Google and ended up finding his twitter.
https://twitter.com/Hiro_a_kingdom?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Mentions composing for Nintendo and has a link to a blog in his Twitter account. I went through the blog and found an article about Sticker Star.
https://blog.goo.ne.jp/hirohiro_2006...7cc4dcf3177ad9

I used a translator and found that he talks about being on the composing staff. There also appears to be a comment from someone saying the mansion song was good and Hanaoka replies with what sounds like him affirming he was the composer of the mansion song saying "I remember worrying a lot about 'what is the essence of Mario' in the process of making this song." I though this was interesting enough to post here.

Edit: TWOFIVE's website has a news article from December 2012 confirming his role as composer alongside other TWOFIVE sound member Kousei Muraki. TWOFIVE also says the were involved with producing part of the BGM for Origami King, so there is a possibility Hanaoka, who is credited with Sound Support, may have contributed music for Origami King as well, although that is not confirmed and just speculation.

Last edited by BT358; Sep 12, 2023 at 05:52 PM.