VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 5, 2016, 09:23 PM

Album has gone under a radical change. From the 04/04 Kickstarter update:

"Update from C-jeff

Hello everybody!

I’m writing this post on the 1st of April, but I’m not kidding here. That’s it. The album now is finally completed. In the next couple of days I’m going to provide the final tracks to my friend and mastering engineer Sergey Kosov (MmcM), and then I will be happy to give the final files to Sam.

At this point, I have a new album title and the new artwork. So please, welcome, “Magenta” and the art by Diana Jakobsson.

As I previously thought, our collaboration with Oleg Nikitin (n1k-o) “Against All Odds” now is renamed to “Revolution”. We finished this 8-minutes track and had a good conversation about how it was amazing to work together again, especially on the music of such a big form.

We were collaborating a lot back in the 2000s, and this project became a great opportunity to do it again. As a result of our conversation, we’ll most likely continue our cooperative work and start a new ZX Spectrum album project, now as a duo from start to end. At this point, we have no concrete ideas or any concept behind, we just enjoy making music together, and I’m sure it will turn out well.

It is interesting to note that even I do a lot of music work beside ZX Spectrum, with various synths and sample libraries, for me, its sound still has a lot of potential. Most of the time, having these limitations forces you to invent and use all sorts of tricks to get that new idea sound right. It is like a mad laboratory, and the more you learn about all these tricks, the more enjoyable the process. These days, it went beyond the nostalgia act and I like it.

Anyway, it seems that the next update will be the last one from me, and most likely, it is going to be short enough.

Best regards, Dmitry"