VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 4, 2009, 04:42 PM

I am very interested in purchasing this cd
Old Sep 6, 2009, 03:51 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, there is one copy currently for sale in the marketplace. Other than that, this one shows up for sale from time to time on Soundtrack Central.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 02:04 PM

I would really like to know who were the original composers of "Ys IV". Where does "Atsushi Shirakawa, Hirofumi Matsuoka, Masaru Nakajima, Naoki Kaneda, Takahiro Tsunashima" actually come from? And why isn't Mieko Ishikawa mentioned there, if her name appears in the pages 04 and 05 of the Booklet? All I can remember is that The Dawn of Ys has a generic sound team credit in the ending credits.

That, and what "sound chip" uses this album? In every description of the Ys IV JDK Special I've read claims it uses the Sharp X68000 synth... but on what basis do people make this claim? Most Japanese sites only refer to it as FM music, and I hear no sign of the X68000's PCM Channel in any of the songs. I also considered it could be from the canceled Ys IV for the Sega CD by Sega-Falcom, but those drums surely don't sound like Mega Drive; they are just too clear, too strong, too high quality... And Falcom's PC-88/98 soundtracks doesn't sound like this
Old Jan 16, 2015, 02:52 PM

Continuing from the other thread, I do not know what this and J.D.K. Special II are supposed to be.

I think it's reasonable to assume that a PC-88 and/or 98 was used for development of Falcom's initial version, whatever that may have been. Honestly, these Specials sound like their YM2608 stuff, so I could believe it. As for why they bothered when a PC Engine CD product was the original plan, I have no idea... same with Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu. Maybe they were both supposed to have PC-88/98 releases just before the PC Engine CD version, I don't know.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 04:22 PM

Hey Despatche, you might be interested on this thread I made many months ago - http://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14085

All I know for sure is that Falcom themselves refer to both this and the LoX1 album as "FM Sound Source".