VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 2, 2020, 08:26 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

This is exciting! I'm a little bummed that it's digital-only and there won't be a CD release, but the music is the most important thing. I was at the Osaka show and these arrangements are absolutely fantastic.

It's also awesome that the standard (44.1kHz/16bit) and high-res (96kHz/24bit) formats will both cost the same price, just ¥1800.

The title is crazy long. We'll have to see exactly how it's listed on the sites once they go live. I did my best based on the image.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 08:39 PM
Trusted Editor

Replaced the notes with the English translated version: https://procyon-studio.co.jp/special...o/indexen.html

EDIT: The release page has it separated into two discs: Should the track listings here reflect that? It also has two catalog numbers.

Last edited by Toad King; Jun 2, 2020 at 08:43 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 08:48 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
Replaced the notes with the English translated version: https://procyon-studio.co.jp/special...o/indexen.html

EDIT: The release page has it separated into two discs: Should the track listings here reflect that? It also has two catalog numbers.
Sorry! I was editing the notes at the same time as you, adding the arrangers for the individual tracks (based on the information in the pamphlet that I got at the live event). So my edit reverted back to the Japanese notes since that's what I was editing.

I went ahead and replaced the English notes again.

"Prelude to a Dream" and "Fragments of a Dream" (Tracks 1 and 29 on this release) don't have an arranger credited in the pamphlet, so I put them as "unknown" for now. Hopefully the metadata has something there when it releases.

I wasn't sure how to do a 2 "disc" digital release. If there's a way, someone can go ahead and edit that.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Jun 2, 2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 09:23 PM
VGMdb Staff

Where do the arrangement track credits come from?

There also seems to be an error:
Quote:
Arranged by:
Yasunori Mitsuda (1,
Unknown (1,
Old Jun 2, 2020, 09:32 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Where do the arrangement track credits come from?

There also seems to be an error:
I wrote in my post above that I have the arranger credits from the pamphlet that I got at the live event.

I've corrected the track 1 mistake. That's one of the ones that doesn't have an arranger attached to it.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 09:35 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Here's an image of the page from the pamphlet.

https://ibb.co/V2DQMR4
Old Jun 2, 2020, 09:43 PM
VGMdb Staff

Ah, I missed that - thanks.

e-onkyo is on the list of distribution sites, so we should be able to pull the missing arranger credits from there.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 09:52 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Ah, I missed that - thanks.

e-onkyo is on the list of distribution sites, so we should be able to pull the missing arranger credits from there.
No worries! Yeah, hopefully there will be complete arranger credits made publicly available upon its official release.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 05:44 PM

I had the chance to watch the stream of the full concert, absolutely breathtaking, the arrangements are so good, the energy, and the musicians did an incredible job !

So after careful listening, here's what I can say for the two tracks missing arranger credits : track 29 (Fragments of a Dream) is a playback from the original soundtrack, it plays just before the encore (disc 2), as the musicians leave the stage. It's the exact same track from the game, so the arranger should be Yasunori Mitsuda himself as he arranged the full soundtrack.

As for track 1, Prelude to a Dream, it's a bit trickier. It's also the same as the soundtrack, the only difference being one instrument : the synthetic flute from the original game is performed by a live instrument here, the shakuhachi player Daisuke Kaminaga if my ears don't deceive me (it may have been a playback too as the stage is pitch black when it plays at the very beginning of the concert). No other difference than this, eveything else sounds the same during the few seconds length of the track.

This is just in case we don't get the arranger credits when it releases, which I hope we do. But at least I understand why they didn't feel like it was necessary to put the credits for these tracks in the pamphlet.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:25 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Two things: I changed the casing in the title to match how it's written in the ALBUM INFO box on the album's website.

Second, the album has two release dates (info found in the same ALBUM INFO box on the website mentioned above). The high-res version from mora will be available from June 24th, 2020. The general release is July 1st, 2020. Which release date should we be using?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
Two things: I changed the casing in the title to match how it's written in the ALBUM INFO box on the album's website.

Second, the album has two release dates (info found in the same ALBUM INFO box on the website mentioned above). The high-res version from mora will be available from June 24th, 2020. The general release is July 1st, 2020. Which release date should we be using?
I would say keep the general release date. Often for album pre-sold at venues (like TGS), the general release date is the one shown.

Also, I corrected the credits for track 24. Back in april, they released a digital erratum to correct a number of mistakes made in the pamphlet. That included corrected arrangement credits for "Burning Orphanage / The Girl Who Stole the Stars Medley".
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:05 AM
VGMdb Staff

This is available now: https://mora.jp/package/43000033/A86298/

Those who purchase the hi-res album at mora between June 24th and July 7th will receive a digital booklet by email in mid-July.

You'll also be able to enter a drawing for an official pamphlet signed by Yasunori Mitsuda (5 winners total).
Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:30 AM

is there still a place online to see the stream or download it?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 11:04 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by James O View Post
is there still a place online to see the stream or download it?
Seems to be available at this site: https://www.video.unext.jp/title/SID0045714

However, registration seems to require a Japanese phone number...
Old Jul 3, 2020, 05:46 AM

Note that the official site now also has a link to a bonus track featuring some audience participation and the game over music. The download is prefixed with the number 27, which may be an indication of where it was meant to fit in the running order.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 06:43 PM

Default Hi-res purchase options

Are there any (reputable) services that will proxy virtual downloads from Japan?

The English page on the site says "see the Japanese page for Hi-Res purchase links" -- but each one of the four options there refuses to sell music to people outside Japan. (music.jp and recochoku don't tell you that until you're mid-checkout, of course.)
Old Jul 3, 2020, 07:49 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaniel View Post
Are there any (reputable) services that will proxy virtual downloads from Japan?

The English page on the site says "see the Japanese page for Hi-Res purchase links" -- but each one of the four options there refuses to sell music to people outside Japan. (music.jp and recochoku don't tell you that until you're mid-checkout, of course.)
You can buy it on mora if you load the site with a Japanese proxy. They have Amazon as a payment option (in case they still block non-Japanese credit cards).
Old Jul 10, 2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by student41269 View Post
Note that the official site now also has a link to a bonus track featuring some audience participation and the game over music. The download is prefixed with the number 27, which may be an indication of where it was meant to fit in the running order.
Yeap. I went to one of the concerts and that was the interactive part where the audience tries the right combination of colors with the penlights with some fails along the way. It goes immediately before track 27 of the album where you can hear the right sequence from the beginning.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 04:45 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that the uilleann pipe solo starting around 9:03 on Marbule is pretty much taken straight from the solo halfway through CREID's titular track.

chills