VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 16, 2013, 04:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, this tracklist is a bit of a disaster, isn't it? D:

The notes originally said "All music composed and arranged by Takeaki Kunimoto," but Kunimoto himself has stated several times on his blog that the Milon's Secret Castle bonus theme was composed by Daisuke Inoue, so that was incorrect. He posted somewhat complete composer info for this album on his blog ([disc 1] [disc 2]), but I changed my mind about adding it to this entry when I noticed that our track titles don't match up with his. :[

The tracks on this album that he says are by an unknown composer are:
  • Milon's Secret Castle - bonus stage (Daisuke Inoue)
  • Dino Riki - stages 2-1~4, 3-1~4, 4-1, 4-3, title screen (perhaps Daisuke Inoue, but unsure)
  • Mickey Mousecapade - ??? (track 1.58)
  • Robowarrior - stage boss, last boss, item shop, underground
  • ????? (tracks 1.57, 1.60, 1.63, 2.27~35)
Everything else on the album, and not the remainders of the soundtracks, Kunimoto claims as his own. He has elsewhere stated that he didn't write the woods theme from Mickey Mousecapade, but he includes it as his work in the CD breakdown, so the CD info may be out of date.

It's interesting that there are a few Robowarrior songs he doesn't claim as his, because on his works list he indicates on other games when he wasn't the sole composer, and he doesn't for Robowarrior. This might just be an omission, because the game credits both him and "Uhei Inoh" (who is probably Daisuke Inoue).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 08:06 PM

I bought a copy of this album which actually has a different cover from either this version or the 2016 version. Specifically, it looks like this:

https://www.suruga-ya.jp/kaitori_detail/186146284

Does anyone know what might be going on here with my copy?

The only information on mine is on the back, which says:

Produced by TAKEAKI KUNIMOTO
Mastering Engineer: YUSUKE FURUUMI

Also, the media on my copy is CDRs. Basically, mine looks like a doujin rather than a commercial release.

Last edited by Rrolack; Jan 8, 2018 at 08:31 PM.